- 200 gm Shelled Hazelnuts
- 140 gm Shelled Walnuts
- 200 gm Pitted Dates
- 2 Eggs Separated
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 5 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 20cm round tin
- Margarine for greasing
- Handful Whole Almonds to decorate
- 120g chopped dried apricots
- 100 gm Chopped Figs
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mk 4 /180c
2. With an electric whisk beat the egg-whites until they are fluffy
3. Add the yolks, sugar, flour and milk
4. Combine them well and then fold in the dates, figs, nuts, and apricots
5. Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Bring it out, leave it in the tin for ten minutes until it has steamed off and then turn it onto a wire rack to cool.
...this is definitely the most fruit and nuts we have ever put in a bread, and it tastes absolutely delicious!