250g self-raising flour
115g muscovado sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
115g golden syrup
200 ml milk
1 free-range egg
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2. Grease and/or line a square 20cm/8in cake tin.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add butter and golden syrup to a small saucepan and heat until the butter
4. Pour the butter and syrup into the flour and mix, then add
milk and egg and mix until smooth. Pour into the greased and lined tin.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately one hour - check with a skewer to see if it is ready.