2¼ cups self-raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
185 g margarine
¾ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 cups pure icing sugar
⅓ cup drinking chocolate
4 cups coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a lamington tray.
3. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
4. Beat margarine and sugar until creamy, then add vanilla essence and eggs and beat until
5. Fold through sifted flour and ⅓ cup water, then pour mixture into tray.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
7. Let cool then cut into squares of desired size.
8. Sift icing sugar and drinking chocolate into a bowl and add enough hot water to make a
9. Place bowl over a hot water bath and stir.
10. Dip squares of cake into icing and roll in coconut.
11. Allow to set on a wire rack.
Recipe taken from: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/easy-lamingtons-L1768.html